Friday, December 11, 2009

They say if you watch earth from a satellite you get to see the extend of damage we have done to our ozone layer, the pollution and a giant pile of space debris, our failed attempts to conquer the universe have left behind…
I am standing almost naked before I go to bed in my hotel room somewhere in the old Albion…
I put on my coat and open the window overlooking the street for one last night smoke…
I am not allowed to smoke, but I do it anyway…
Blatant disregard of the rules…
Human nature…
Savage…

I notice the fog. Thick and dump, it’s shivering cold…
I smoke…
The smoke seems to dissolve becoming part of the fog…

I watch the lights in the distance. How their light dissolves in the fog creating an almost frightening landscape.
Then I notice the trees. No leaves, just branches inter – connecting in the fog.
The cars buzz by with their lights creating passing apparitions in the fog.

If you look life from high above, as though you are not part of it, you get to see all the twists and turns and how they inter-connect through the fog.
Invisible in the sunny days, all our actions – decisions, how suddenly they seem in tune with one another.
As if our every step and mis-step was meant to bring us here…
Where we stand today...

Closer to our subliminal paths, our untold wishes, our unspoken dreams.
Intertwined paths of destiny, intercrossing with each other.
Does it all make sense?
Will we ever know?

In the end of the day, all we have is this blurry feeling that we live a life worth living…
Go on!
Live!

I come back inside, I shiver…
I zip the last of my long cold tea.
I am going to bed.

Good night to all! Sweet dreams…

1 comment:

Hfaistiwnas said...

Το ίδιο κάνω και εγώ, ένα τσιγάρο στο μπαλκόνι κοιτώντας τον ουρανό κάμποση ώρα πριν κοιμηθώ και λίγες σκέψεις και ας κάνει κρύο είναι ωραία..
Όταν τα βλέπεις από ψηλά σαν θεατής είσαι θεός.. μετά κατέβα να ζήσεις..