Thursday, December 27, 2012

Esslingen Weinnachtsmarkt

I cannot speak
For what has been sung may not be spoken
This music in the middle of the Christmas market
A medieval market
A fantasy a re-creation in the middle of supermarkets and shopping malls
this open market stands
under the grey skies
As the music fills the air
it comes alive
A reality of the past
A true experience
This music is alive
it contains the people
and here modernity invades
3 guys and a woman
One of them looks like Wolverine
The other two like characters of Game of thrones
And her...
Tall and blond, dressed heavy guard against the cold
But in her eyes you don't see a travelling gypsy but a proud princess
She dominates the stage
The men seem to complement her...
This experience I want to be
I want to live in the middle ages...
When the men ploughed fields, worked the iron, and bled on the battlefield by the sword
When the women died in childbirth and the children were raised in mud...
The humans where more honest, more sincere
The blood was real
Now all we have
Is my Marlboro in my right pocket and my Samsung smartphone in my left hand recording these moments...
No brand will ever be able to recreate this
Our music is void of humans and our writing void of life
But as long as these outcasts keep playing
I will keep my memories
Of a long lost innocence...

1 comment:

Hfaistiwnas said...

Καλημερούδια! Το ξέρεις όμως ε; Τότε δεν είχαν Μάρλμπορο και Σμαρτφόουν! ;)
Σε φιλώ!
Να δούμε πότε θα αρχίσει το Game of thrones!